If you have blocked someone on Snapchat in the past, but you want to reverse this action, it is pretty easy to unblock them.
However, it can be tricky finding the exact location of the unblocking option if you have never done it before.
At least, this is a little tricky in comparison to actually blocking someone, which is really simple to do.
In this article, we will show you exactly how you can unblock someone from your Snapchat account.
How To Unblock Someone On Snapchat
Below, we have created a thorough step-by-step guide on how to unblock someone.
Here is how to do it:
- The first thing you will need to do is open up your Snapchat app on your phone or chosen smart device (see also “What Is Nearby Device Scanning?“). Find the icon, or search for the app name, and click on the link to open it up.
- When Snapchat first opens, you will automatically be directed to the camera screen. Click on your Bitmoji in the top left hand corner of the screen to find all of your settings.
- In the top right corner of this page, you should see a small Settings icon. Click on this to open up the ‘Settings’ page.
- There will be a lot of options on this page, and you will need to scroll all the way down to the bottom until you reach ‘Account Actions’.
- Right at the bottom of ‘Account Actions’, you will see a ‘Blocked’ option. Click on this, and you will see every user that you have ever blocked.
Locate the user that you would like to block. Next to their name, you will see a small X icon. Click on this, and you will receive a message that says ‘Are you sure you want to unblock this Snapchatter?’.
Click ‘Yes’, and they will become unblocked.
What Happens When You Block Someone On Snapchat?
Sometimes, blocking a person is necessary. Perhaps that particular user has been harassing you, and you feel threatened by that person.
Or, maybe you have fallen out with a friend, or you are going through a breakup, and you no longer want to be in contact with that person.
While this can be a healthy decision to make, and it is in your best interest, you may still feel bad about it. You may be wondering if that person will find out that you have blocked them.
Fortunately, Snapchat does not send a notification to a user if they have been blocked. Unless that person actively checks your chat, they will not notice that they have been blocked by you.
In fact, even if you do block someone, your profile and previous chats will remain on their Chat page (see also “How To Block Someone On Linkedin“).
Blocking them will not delete your presence from their account, although it will prevent them from viewing any recent activity, e.g., your new stories.
The first thing they will notice, if you have blocked them, is that they won’t be able to contact you. If they try to send a Snap to you, it will remain ‘Pending’ until you unblock them.
However, a ‘Pending’ message could also occur if a user does not have access to an internet connection, or if their account has been suspended.
Therefore, it can be quite tricky to work out if a person has blocked you or not.
The important thing to remember, however, is that the other user will not be notified if you decide to block them. This is something that they will have to discover manually.
How To Block Someone On Snapchat
As we mentioned earlier, blocking a user on Snapchat is way easier to do than unblocking them.
If you are still unsure how to do this, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Open up your Snapchat app, and you will be automatically directed to the camera screen. Swipe right to view all your messages and followers.
- If you cannot see the user’s name right away, continue scrolling until you find them.
- Once you have found the user that you want to block, click on their Bitmoji. You should now be able to view their full Bitmoji, their username, their snap score, and many other options.
- In the top right corner, you will see an Ellipsis icon (three dots). Click on that to open up another menu.
- On this menu, you will be given several options. Click on ‘Manage Friendship’, which should be one of the first options in the list.
- By clicking on ‘Manage Friendship’, you will be given four options:
- Remove Friend
- Edit Name
Obviously, you are going to want to click on the second option.
- Once you click on ‘Block’, you will be asked, ‘Are you sure you want to block [Insert Name]?’. If you are sure, you can click on ‘Block’. This user will then be blocked from your account.
Have I Been Blocked On Snapchat?
If you have noticed that an old friend no longer appears on your Snapchat account, and you have checked your Unblock list to discover that you haven’t blocked them, you may be wondering if they have blocked you instead.
As we mentioned earlier, it can be quite tricky to discover if another user has blocked you on Snapchat.
If your Snaps to them remain ‘pending’, this could be a sign that they have either blocked or unfriended you. However, it could also be the case that you have no internet connection.
The easiest way to find out is to search for their username on the app. If their name doesn’t appear, it is likely that they have blocked you.
It could also be the case that they have deactivated their account, though, so this is not a definite indicator.
Unblocking someone on Snapchat is very easy to do, and once you have done it one time, you will remember how to do it from that point forward.
All you need to do is go to your Settings, scroll down to ‘Account Actions’, and click the ‘X’ icon next to their name on the Blocked list!
We hope you found this article helpful.
- 7 Best Video Downloaders For Instagram - March 1, 2023
- How To Download Instagram Highlights - March 1, 2023
- Can The Public See My Private Stories On Instagram? - March 1, 2023