Pokémon GO is an incredibly popular mobile game that has millions of players located all around the world.
Despite its global appeal, the place where you live can affect how much you can get out of the game. If you live in a remote area that’s away from a city, you may struggle to gain full access to what the app has to offer.
One way of getting around this is by changing your phone’s location to another region.
Using a GPS spoofing app and a quality VPN service can help you do this, allowing you to locate Pokèmon creatures in different countries.
You’ll learn how to spoof your Pokèmon GO location in this post, including why a VPN is necessary for this, as well as some recommendations for GPS apps to try.
Spoofing Pokèmon GO Location – Quick Guide
Here’s a breakdown of the steps you’ll need to follow to spoof your app’s location.
- Choose a quality VPN service
- Install GPS spoofing app
- Link to a different VPN server location
- Downloading and playing Pokèmon GO
- Exploring new location
Why Is A VPN Necessary To Change Pokèmon Go Location?
While we don’t fully know how the app tracks your location, it probably does so with your IP address.
The game can look at whether your mobile’s GPS coordinates and IP address match. If the Pokèmon GO app identifies any disparities, they can ban you from playing for over a week.
This is why a VPN (Virtual Private Network) can be useful. This will disguise your IP address, making it harder to recognize your location. This allows you to access Pokèmonn Go features in other countries without the app noticing.
VPNs can also shield your online activities with their encryption. This prevents malicious third parties and hackers from seeing your digital activities.
Best Apps To Spoof Pokèmon GO GPS
Pokèmon GO also looks at coordinates to assess your location, so you will need a GPS spoofing app in addition to your VPN to prevent the app from noticing.
There are lots of Pokémon spoofing apps, but we’d recommend the following:
Android – Fake GPS Location
Fake GPS Location from LExa is the most popular spoofing app for Android phones.
It’s compatible with non-rooted and rooted phones, allowing you to simply and easily change your Pokémon GO account location.
It’s also completely free!
iOS – Roaming Guide
The Roaming Guide for iOS is free, but you will need to jailbreak your iPhone to use it.
This isn’t available on Apple’s app store, as you will need to install a third-party store app called Cydia to access it.
iOS – iTools
This GPS spoofing app doesn’t require you to jailbreak your phone, but it is only available in desktop mode.
It’s a nice feature that’s simple to use, and it will also save your location even if you get disconnected.
Android – Fake GPS
Fake GPS from ByteRev is another common spoofing app for Android devices.
It’s ideal for spoofing on rooted devices, but bear in mind that the app includes ads.
Changing Pokemon Go Account Location
It’s quite easy to spoof your Pokèmon Go location, particularly if you own an Android.
Navigate to Settings, then select About Device. Access the developer mode by pressing the Build Number seven times.
Go back to Settings then locate the Developer Options tab. Press it and select the box labeled Allow Mock Locations.
You will have to install a masking module named Mock Locations. This will stop the game from finding out that you’ve enabled mock locations in your phone settings. This does involve rooting your Android, so remember to take care when doing so.
Lastly, you’ll need to set up a VPN. This will encrypt a connection and direct traffic through your preferred server, hiding your IP address in the process.
Once you’ve installed the VPN app, choose the server in the area you want to locate Pokémon. Open the spoofing app and find the location. This will change your Pokémon account.
If you have an iPad or iPhone, you’ll need to jailbreak the device to change your app location (see also “How To Change iPhone Name“). Once you’ve done this, download Cydia, navigate to Location, then select Protect.
You can then link to a VPN server and access new Pokémon features as you play.
Changing Pokémon GO GPS Location
Spoofing your Pokémon GO region will vary based on your device. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow for both iOS and Android devices.
- Select a quality VPN service, then download and install the app.
- Install a GPS spoofing app from the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to your device’s settings and select About Phone.
- Press Build Number seven times to activate developer mode.
- Go back to the settings and press Developer Options.
- Select the box on Allow Mock Locations or Mock Locations App.
- Root the device.
- Download the Mock Locations module and switch it on.
- Log into the VPN app and link to a server in the region you’d like to play Pokémon.
- Switch on the spoofing app and select the exact region.
- Begin playing Pokémon!
Spoofing Pokemon GO on iOS devices may need you to jailbreak your device and install third-party apps.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Choose a quality VPN provider, then download and install the app to your device.
- Jailbreak your device to change your region.
- Go to the third-party app store Cydia, which can only be used with jailbroken devices.
- Install tsProtector to cover your device’s jailbroken condition.
- Install iOS Roaming Guide, or another GPS spoofing app.
- Verify iOS Roaming Guide and tsProtector are working together.
- Choose a region in the GPS spoofing app.
- Log into the VPN and match the region on the GPS spoofing app.
- You can now start playing Pokémon GO!
The Bottom Line
Pokémon GO might be available globally, but your region may stop you from fully accessing the game’s features.
Changing your location with a VPN and spoofing your GPS are simple steps to give you some new opportunities.
Depending on your new chosen location, you’ll be able to uncover new streets, cities, and characters.
Remember to match your IP address and GPS to stop the game from noticing you’ve spoofed your region.
There’s always the possibility of being banned from the game, so take caution when spoofing your location and follow the steps carefully when doing so.
- 7 Best Video Downloaders For Instagram - March 1, 2023
- How To Download Instagram Highlights - March 1, 2023
- Can The Public See My Private Stories On Instagram? - March 1, 2023