Sometimes we can use Instagram every day, but still do not know how to use all the settings. This might be especially true for finding all the likes that we have posted on social media.
The last thing we want to do is scroll through hundreds of posts to try and locate the one that we’ve liked.
However, you’ll be happy to know that Instagram has installed a feature that will allow you to sift through all the posts that you’ve liked so far (see also “The Best Time To Post On Instagram“).
Once you’ve mastered this feature, then you’ll treat your likes as if they were a bookmark, using them to keep tabs on your favorite posts.
So how do you keep tabs on posts like this? How can you keep track of your likes on your favorite accounts and images? Well, we have all the info that you need so that you can make the Instagram interface something that works for you.
Why Should I Want To Keep Track Of My Insta Likes?
If you are following a lot of different Instagram accounts, then it might be difficult to keep track of all the posts that they are making (see also “Best Instagram Follower Apps“). Often you might have liked a post and want to see it again, only to notice that it has disappeared from your feed.
This is also a great way to un-like a post that you have already liked. We all know how your thumb can seem to have a mind of its own and like something that you didn’t want to like.
To save you the embarrassment, then you can go into your liked posts section and quickly unlike it.
Having a feature where you can hone in on your Instagram activity is just perfect for keeping track of everything that you follow and how you want your image to be perceived.
Also, if you like certain accounts a lot, then those will be bumped up in your newsfeed. Sometimes you’ll want to change this algorithm, and the way to do that is by un-liking a few posts.
Checking Instagram Likes On Android
You’ll be fully aware that Instagram looks a lot different on your phone than it does on your desktop or tablet. The features are in different places and it is worth knowing where you can find them.
This is the best way of viewing your Instagram likes on your Android app:
- Open the Instagram app on your Android.
- Select your profile icon located in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- On your profile screen, click on the three horizontal lines in the top left of your screen. This will open a sub-menu that will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Next to a clock icon will be the heading ‘Your Activity’. Click on that to view all your activities on Instagram.
- In this menu will be options such as ‘Links You’ve Visited’, ‘Time Spent’, ‘Photos and Videos’, and ‘Interactions’. Click on ‘Interactions’.
- In this drop-down menu, click on ‘Likes’.
- This will show you a gallery of all the reels, stories and other posts that you’ve liked.
Here you can select the relevant post that you’ve liked. You can un-like the post from here too.
Checking Instagram Likes On The iOS App
This is not too dissimilar from checking the likes on your Android App. Follow these steps to check your Insta likes on your Apple phone:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Click on the profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click on ‘Your Activity’ next to the clock icon.
- Click on ‘Interactions’. It should be between ‘Photos and Videos’ and ‘Account History’.
- In the Interactions drop-down menu, select ‘Likes’.
- You’ll then be shown a gallery of reels, posts and stories that you’ve liked over the last few weeks.
In this section of your Instagram, you’ll also be able to sort the posts that you’ve liked by the date that you viewed them. This will be very useful if you know roughly the time when you liked the post that you are trying to find.
Checking Instagram Likes On A Desktop Computer
Unfortunately, there is actually no way of seeing what you have liked on your Instagram through your desktop computer. This is because Instagram has very limited features when it is used through a wider screen
However, if you really want to access this like history feature through your desktop, then you can set up third-party client apps that will allow you to access it. Here is our short guide on how to do this effectively:
Layoutify is a Google Chrome extension that will allow you to change the layout of certain apps. Instagram is designed to be used primarily on your mobile, which is why there will be fewer features than on the mobile.
However, you can add more features to your Instagram with Layoutify, all you need to do is activate it on your Google Chrome. Follow these steps to do that:
- Click on the extension for Layoutify by searching for it on your Google extension page.
- Click the button ‘Add To Chrome’.
- It will take a few seconds or even a minute for your extension to update onto your Chrome.
Once this extension has been downloaded onto your desktop, then you will notice that the whole layout of your Instagram has changed and that you will have extra features.
You should notice the three lines in the top left-hand corner. You can then navigate to your liked posts section in much the same way as you can on an Instagram phone app.
We hope that this article has helped you navigate your Instagram easier and allowed you to manage your likes and find your favorite videos. Once you have mastered this feature, then it will alter how you interact with Instagram in general.
- 7 Best Video Downloaders For Instagram - March 1, 2023
- How To Download Instagram Highlights - March 1, 2023
- Can The Public See My Private Stories On Instagram? - March 1, 2023