There are many reasons that you might want to loop a video on your iPhone.
One of the main ones is if you want to show a clip to a few people in your circle but you want to avoid the hassle of pressing play repeatedly.
By looping your video, all you have to do is press loop and pass it around to your friends.
However, there are other reasons why you might want your video to keep playing.
If you have your laptop hooked up to your device (see also “What Is Nearby Device Scanning?“), which is then projected onto the wall, then you might want to loop an image during a party to create some ambiance.
So how can you loop a video on your iPhone? Does this take a lot of technical know-how? How can you turn looping off again?
Well, we’re going to go into, quite frankly, too much detail on how to loop your iPhone video, as well as some of the other iPhone video features.
Why Should I Loop My iPhone Video?
One of the main reasons why you might want to keep your video playing endlessly is the fact that you don’t want to keep hitting play every time. This is especially true if your video is perhaps only a few seconds long.
Also, if you are synching your iPhone video to either live music or a DJ set, then you might want to loop it so that you can play it as the night goes on. By having it loop, you can just leave it running while you go and party.
There might also be tiny details in the video that you are trying to notice without having to worry about the play button.
For example, if you are trying to identify a certain person in the back of your family beach shot, then having it loop over and over will help you get a better look.
Looping The Video In Your iPhone App
Now, there is no built-in ‘looping’ feature on your iPhone, however, there is a workaround that is perfect for helping you to play your video repeatedly. All you have to do is make your video into a slideshow.
To do this, just follow these few steps:
- Click on your gallery. This will be on your homepage.
- Once in your gallery, locate the video that you would like to loop and open it.
- Scroll to the bottom right-hand corner and click on the share icon. This will be a small box with an arrow coming out of the top.
- In this menu, click on the ‘slideshow’ icon, which is in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Once you’ve made it a slideshow, you’ll need to alter the pre-loaded music and theme. Do this by clicking ‘Options’ in the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Theme’ icon.
- Choose a more neutral slideshow. We would recommend that you select ‘Origami’.
- Change the music by opening the ‘Music’ tap and selecting ‘None’.
- To loop your video, select the ‘Repeat’ option.
Once you have done this, then your video should play on a loop without any music. Your video will keep playing until you decide to close the playback app. You can pause your looped video at any time.
How Can I Get A YouTube Video To Loop?
This is much easier to get done than getting a video to loop through your iPhone app itself. This is because YouTube allows you to loop videos through its iPhone app.
This is the easy method of looping a video through YouTube:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile phone. This might not be on your home screen. You can always use the search bar to find the YouTube app on your phone.
- Search for the video you are looking for in the YouTube search bar.
- Open the video.
- If the playback window, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the drop-down menu, find the ‘Loop video’ option. Click it to ‘on’.
Once you play your video, it will play on a loop until you either pause the video or switch the loop video function to ‘off’.
How Can I Record A Video With My iPhone?
All you need to do to record a video on your iPhone is follow these steps:
- Open the ‘Camera’ app. This should be on the bottom bar on the first page of your iPhone (see also “How To Change iPhone Name“).
- Once you are in camera mode, switch the slider from ‘photo’ to ‘video’.
- Now press the red record button in the center of the screen. You will only have to tap it once to start recording.
- When you have finished recording your video, tap the white stop button.
Your video will automatically be saved to your gallery. They should be saved in the order they have been filmed.
What Other Features Come With My iPhone?
There are some great features that come with your iPhone. Here are just a few of them:
this will help to improve the stabilization of your image while you are filming.
This button can be found as the small ‘running man’ icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen. This feature works best in a brightly lit environment.
This is a neat feature that will allow you to record video while you are still in picture mode. You will also be able to take stills during the filming of your video.
This will allow you to record your videos in slow-motion. This is a great little feature if you really want to capture every detail of what would normally be a very high-speed action shot.
this is when you can record over a long period of time and then speed up the footage in the edit.
We hope that you have found our guide to looping videos on your iPhone and YouTube app helpful.