Trying to find the right gift for someone can be difficult, especially when you have a loved one who is notoriously hard to buy for!
And when you have a lot on your plate, it can be hard to even think of presents when you’ve got lots of other things on your mind.
But if the gift recipient has an Amazon Wishlist, then the whole process becomes so much easier! But how do you access someone’s Amazon Wishlist? Well, that’s what we’ll be discussing today!
Below you’ll find out all you need to know about finding someone’s Amazon Wishlist on a desktop or mobile device, but first let’s take a look at what an Amazon Wishlist actually is.
What Is An Amazon Wishlist?
An Amazon Wishlist is a list of items on Amazon curated by users which they would like to receive as gifts.
While you may be forgiven for thinking that an Amazon Wishlist is a relatively new feature to the website, it was actually developed in 1999 with the goal to help parents, guardians and other family members buy gifts for their children, but this feature has now been updated to cater to all age groups.
Nowadays, Amazon Wishlist is one of the most widely-used and beneficial features on the platform.
Types Of Amazon Wishlist
As well as having a simple gift list, Amazon now offers more specific lists like baby registry for when you’re expecting a new arrival, and a wedding registry.
It’s very common for engaged couples to set up a wedding registry to let their guests know what presents they would like, and the same goes for expectant parents throwing a baby shower.
A baby registry allows family and friends to buy presents that the parents-to-be really need.
How Does An Amazon Wishlist Work?
It’s easy to make and share an Amazon Wishlist – anybody can do it! Customers can pick items from Amazon and add them to their Wishlist, and then share them with their friends and family.
This lets you confidently buy presents for your loved ones that you know they’ll enjoy!
How To Find Someone’s Amazon Wishlist
It’s easy to find someone’s Amazon Wishlist, whether you’re using a mobile device or a desktop, but the methods are slightly different from each other. Let’s check them out.
On Your Desktop
- Step 1: Log into your Amazon account.
- Step 2: Go to Accounts & Lists in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Click ‘Find a List or Registry.’
- Step 4: To find someone’s Wishlist, search them by name and select the type of list or registry from the menu. To see your friend’s profile, click Search.
- Step 5: Click the name of the list you wish to browse.
- Step 6: Look at the list to see what items your friend has added.
- Step 7: If you can’t see your friend’s name, head to Your Friends. From there you can send your friend a message requesting access to their Wishlist.
A window will pop up with a note asking the Amazon Wishlist creator to share their list with you. You can either email this message or copy this message to contact the owner of the list.
They will then go to their Wishlist, click ‘Send List To Others,’ then grant you access to their list.
On Your Mobile Device
The Amazon app makes finding your friend’s Wishlist on your phone or tablet just as easy as finding it on your desktop. You just need to follow these easy steps on the Amazon app.
- Step 1: Go to the Amazon app and log into your account if needed.
- Step 2: Tap the ‘hamburger menu.’ These are the three lines found in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap ‘Lists’ and then ‘Your Friends’ Lists’ tab.
- Step 4: Select your friend’s name from the drop-down menu to see the list they’ve shared with you.
- Step 5: Tap the name of the list you wish to browse.
- Step 6: Scroll through the list to see what items are on there.
- Step 7: If you can’t find your friend’s name, send them a message so you can gain access to their list.
How To Buy An Item From Someone’s Amazon Wishlist
Now you know how to find someone’s Amazon Wishlist, let’s find out how you buy a gift from someone’s Wishlist.
Luckily, the checkout process for buying items from someone’s Wishlist is pretty much the same as when placing a regular order. With that being said, let’s take a closer look at how you buy items from an Amazon Wishlist.
- Step 1: Select your gift and click ‘Add to Cart.’ You will need to do this twice when the confirmation window pops up.
- Step 2: Click ‘Proceed to Checkout.’
- Step 3: If you would like Amazon to send the item to your friend directly, select the address your friend has provided on the Checkout Page. You can find this under ‘Other Addresses.’ If your friend hasn’t provided their address, you can enter it yourself.
- Step 4: To add a personalized message for your friend and erase the price from the receipt, click ‘Save Gift Options.’
- Step 5: Verify your payment information and click ‘Place Your Order.’
It’s worth remembering that Amazon only takes purchased products off the list if the on-file shipping addresses connected to the list is used.
Plus, if you have the order shipped to your address, Amazon won’t remove it from the Wishlist, which may lead to another person buying the same item for the recipient.
To be on the safe side, it’s best to send the gift straight to your friend’s address.
It’s hard to deny that Amazon Wishlist has made shopping for gifts so much easier and stress-free! It saves time, and helps you buy gifts for your loved ones that you know they’ll enjoy.
So no matter if you’re getting your friend a wedding gift, a gift for a baby shower, or a gift for any other special occasion, their Amazon Wishlist is a great source.