Do you want to know how to download songs on Spotify? Maybe you want to listen to your favorite songs offline but aren’t sure how to download them? Or are you curious about downloading music on Spotify and want to know more?
No matter the reason that brought you here, we have the answer for you!
Downloading songs on Spotify can seem tricky, especially if you have never done it before (see also “How To Clear Queue On Spotify“).
No matter what you do, you can’t seem to get the songs to download and play offline. So you head online for some guidance but are met with endless results each one contradicting the last. How are you supposed to know who to trust?
Well, you can trust us! We have years of experience when it comes to downloading music and are here to help.
Keep reading to find out how to download songs on Spotify and use our handy step-by-step guide to have your music ready to play offline!
How To Download Songs On Spotify
Let’s dive straight into it! To download songs on Spotify, you first need to be a member of Spotify Premium. This is Spotify’s paid-for membership, where users pay a monthly fee to listen to their favorite music without the interruption of adverts.
Spotify premium members can also download up to 10,000 songs spread across no more than five devices.
When downloading these songs, it’s worth mentioning that Spotify does not allow you to download a single song. Instead, you can download albums or playlists in their entirety. These will then be available for you to listen to offline.
If you have songs from several artists that you want to download, we recommend creating a playlist featuring the songs and downloading the playlist.
It’s worth pointing out here that those with a free Spotify account cannot download music and listen to it offline.
They can download and listen to podcasts offline, but for music, you need to fork out for the premium option.
When you download songs on Spotify, there are two different methods depending on how you use Spotify. You can either download songs through the Spotify mobile app or Spotify on your desktop.
We have steps on how to do both below, so be sure to keep reading to see how you can download your favorite songs today!
Downloading Songs On Spotify Mobile
Downloading music on your Spotify mobile app is relatively straightforward. There is little difference between the Android and Apple apps too, so you can use these steps interchangeably!
Use our step-by-step guide below to download your favorite music on your mobile app.
- Open the Spotify app on your phone and log into your Spotify premium account.
- Select Your Library, you can find this in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Next, find the album or playlist you want to download.
- Open the playlist or album. Underneath the title, there will be a downward-facing arrow. This is the download button.
- Tap on the button to turn it green.
- Your music will now be downloaded. Any albums or playlists with a green downward-facing arrow next to them have been downloaded.
Downloading Songs On Spotify Desktop
Downloading music from Spotify on your desktop is a little different. Don’t worry, it isn’t overly complicated! You can use our steps below to download your music and enjoy it offline on your Desktop. Our steps can be used on both PC and Mac computers too.
- Open Spotify on your desktop and log into your premium account.
- On the left side menu, locate Your Library. It is usually at the top of the left-hand menu. Click on it.
- Here you can use the album or playlist filter to bring up your playlists or albums.
- Next, select the playlist or album that you want to download and click on it.
- Underneath the album artwork, there will be a downward-facing arrow. Click on the arrow to download your music. The arrow will turn green and the music will download.
- After it has been downloaded, you can enjoy the songs offline. You will see a gray downward-facing arrow in the bottom right corner of the album card or the playlist. This shows you which albums and playlists have been downloaded and are ready to listen to offline.
Where Do I Find My Downloaded Songs On Spotify?
Where your downloaded music is located will vary depending on how you use Spotify. But don’t worry, we are here to tell you where all your music is stored on your mobile app or desktop!
The downloaded albums and playlists will still be stored in the Your Library section which you can navigate to easily from your home screen.
But if you want to see only the music you have downloaded, there is an easy way you can do this! Let’s take a look at it now.
Finding Downloaded Music On Spotify Mobile
To find your downloaded music on your Spotify app, you can follow the steps below. These steps work for both Android and Apple devices.
- Open your Spotify app and log into your premium account.
- Tap Your Library found on the bottom right of your home screen.
- At the top of Your Library page, you will have a few filters to choose from. Tap on ‘Downloaded.’
- The page will now only show you downloaded content to be played offline.
Finding Downloaded Music On Spotify Desktop
To find your downloaded music on Spotify desktop, follow the steps below. These steps can be used for PC and Mac users.
- Open Spotify and log into your Premium account
- In the top left corner of your screen, locate the three dots. Click on them.
- From the drop-down bar, select File.
- Click the offline mode option from the next set of options.
- Spotify will now only show you content you have downloaded to be played offline.
And there you have it, how to download songs on Spotify! Although single songs cannot be downloaded, you can easily download albums and playlists to listen to offline with ease providing you have a Spotify premium account. Why not sign up today?
- 7 Best Video Downloaders For Instagram - March 1, 2023
- How To Download Instagram Highlights - March 1, 2023
- Can The Public See My Private Stories On Instagram? - March 1, 2023