While Roblox is a fun game that immediately gets you hooked, if you want to move on and delete your account this is possible via the website’s ‘Right to be Forgotten’ option.
In our article today we’ll take you through the many ways you can delete your Roblox account or cancel your membership, as well as answer any other burning questions you may have around deleting your Roblox account.
Deleting Your Roblox Account Via The Website
To delete your Roblox account via their website, just go to their support page and complete a form found under the ‘Data Privacy Requests’ money and submit a ticket for ‘Right to be Forgotten’ or RTBF.
In the comment section of this form you will need to give a reason why you want to delete your account, and verify your identity.
- Step 1: Find Roblox’s ‘Contact Us’ form.
- Step 2: Complete the form.
- Step 3: Click the platform and select the platform you play on.
- Step 4: Select ‘Data Privacy Requests’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Select ‘Right to be Forgotten.’
Provide a reason for why you want to delete your account in the comments, and when you’re done click submit.
Once you’ve submitted your request, you’ll be contacted by support for the next steps you need to take to verify your identity and delete your account.
Deleting Your Roblox App Via Mobile
Delete Roblox On An iOS Device
Deleting Roblox on your iOS device is as easy as removing any other apps you have installed.
- Step 1: Select and hold the application.
- Step 2: Tap ‘Remove.’
- Step 3: Tap ‘Delete.’ You will have to tap this option twice to confirm you want to delete the app.
Delete Roblox On Android Device
- Step 1: Go to the Google Play Store.
- Step 2: Tap ‘Menu.’
- Step 3: Head to ‘My Apps & Games’
- Step 4: Search for ‘Roblox’ on the list of apps.
- Step 5: Tap ‘Uninstall.’
If you delete the Roblox app from your phone before you delete your account, you can later reinstall it if you change your mind. Your account will remain intact so you can pick up where you left off.
How To Cancel Your Roblox Membership
Deleting your Roblox account and cancelling your membership are two different things. If you would like to stop paying for a membership to Roblox but would still like to keep your account, there are a couple of ways you can do this.
Method 1: Cancelling From A PC Browser
Logging into your Roblox account on a desktop browser is the fastest way to cancel your Roblox Premium membership.
- Step 1: Log into your account.
- Step 2: Click the ‘Gear’ icon in the top-right corner of the Roblox homepage.
- Step 3: Click ‘Settings.’
- Step 4: Click ‘Billings.’
- Step 5: Click ‘Cancel Renewal’ and follow the steps.
Method 2: Cancelling From A Mobile App
Roblox memberships via the mobile app are distinct from desktop browser memberships and can only be purchased via the Google Play Store or the Apple Store, so the above method will not work for mobile (see also “How To Play Roblox On A School Chromebook“).
Rather, you will need to log into the device or account from which you purchased the mobile membership and cancel it via the app.
- Step 1: Log into your account.
- Step 2: Tap ‘Gear’ found in the top-right corner of the homepage.
- Step 3: Tap ‘Settings.’
- Step 4: Tap ‘Billings.’
- Step 5: Tap ‘Cancel Renewal.’ You will then be taken to the Roblox website, and will find instructions specific to Android or iOS devices.
- Step 6: Go to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store and tap ‘Settings’ and ‘Your Profile.’
- Step 7: Tap either ‘My Subscriptions’ or ‘Manage my Subscriptions.’
- Step 8: Find Roblox in your list of subscriptions and then tap ‘Cancel Your Subscription.’
How Long Do You Have To Wait For Your Account To Be Deleted?
It takes about 3 days for Roblox to delete your account. During this time, you can also ask support to cancel your request for deletion if you change your mind. Plus, you can still play Roblox while your account is in the deletion process.
When your account is still deleted, your profile UID will be deleted, you will no longer be connected to Roblox servers, and your nickname will be removed from the servers, so it will be available for somebody else to use.
When An Account Is Deleted Does Roblox Refund You?
Your Roblox will not be refunded once your account is deleted, and there is currently no way you retrieve your Roblox items once your account is deleted.
Plus, all your progress made in Roblox whether via purchases or natural progression will be totally erased.
Can A Deleted Roblox Account Be Recovered?
As a user, you cannot overturn account deletion. When you put in a request to Roblox Support to delete your account, they will delete all your data and your account will be unable to be recovered.
This is why it’s very important to be confident that you want to delete your Roblox account, as you will be unable to get any of your data back.
However, terminated accounts operate differently to deleted accounts. If your account is banned it can be recovered fully if it’s not been removed from the system. Support can restore your account if it was found your account was banned unjustly.
Do Inactive Roblox Accounts Get Deleted Automatically?
If your Roblox account is inactive for a year then it will be deleted. However, this time period is subject to chance, since there is no specific time period after which your account is disabled.
To make space in the server, only old, unused accounts are considered inactive and considered for deletion.
This is why it’s important to always log out of your Roblox account on every device, including your phone.
This is also a very easy way to get your account deleted if you’re not in a rush to get rid of it, and it allows you to return to your account if you just want to step away from it for a while.
If you delete your Roblox account, there is a risk you will lose access to it permanently, but if you’re ready to move on from Roblox, the good news is that it is easy to delete it and remove your data from its servers.
- 7 Best Video Downloaders For Instagram - March 1, 2023
- How To Download Instagram Highlights - March 1, 2023
- Can The Public See My Private Stories On Instagram? - March 1, 2023